As the Area Agency on Aging and the Aging & Disability Resource Center for Northeast Florida, we are ever mindful of the responsibility we have to fulfill our mission and operate in a manner that reflects our integrity, commitment and accountability to those we serve.
We reach out to more than 12,000 people each year to people in our seven county service area including Baker, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Nassau, St. Johns and Volusia counties. The programs and activities of ElderSource are funded by federal, state and local grants as well as private donations and endowments.
ElderSource empowers people to live and age with independence and dignity in their homes and community.
Our main responsibilities are to:
- Identify the needs of elders and caregivers in our service area;
- Develop plans to meet these growing needs of our aging population;
- Contract with local agencies to deliver services to clients who need help; and
- Provide oversight of the contracts, ensuring good stewardship of funds and quality services.
VisionOlder adults and adults with disabilities are valued and have the resources they need to live with dignity and security in an age and ability friendly community.
- Those we serve
- Diversity and inclusion
- Excellent and responsive service
- Honesty, integrity, respect and professional behavior
- Results and accountability
- Proactive, innovative and visionary efforts
- Community collaborations
- The knowledge, loyalty, commitment and unselfish team spirit of staff, volunteers and providers
- Our role as the leader in the aging network
- Our role as an instrument of positive change
ElderSource values all people – including, but not limited to, all nationalities, socio-economic backgrounds, abilities, races, genders, religious perspectives, sexual orientation and gender identities – in everything we do. We welcome the unique perspectives of all persons in our quest to fulfill our mission.