SHINE – Is Here for You With Free Medicare Advice & More!
SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) is a program of the Department of Elder Affairs and is operated in this area through ElderSource. SHINE offers seniors, adults with disabilities and their caregiver’s free, unbiased counseling on Medicare and health insurance issues.
Our goal is to help you find the information and resources you need to make the best decisions possible about your health insurance coverage. Counselors and volunteers are not affiliated with any insurance company and will not attempt to sell you insurance. All counseling records are strictly confidential.
What can the SHINE program do for you?
- Help you understand your Medicare benefits.
- Help you determine which Medicare Prescription Drug Plan best fits your needs.
- Answer your questions about Medigap, long-term care insurance policies and other health insurance programs for seniors.
- Assist Medicare beneficiaries in specific areas such as home health benefits, home health benefits, Medicare claims and appeals and other Medicare issues.
- Offer educational presentations or public speeches on a variety of health insurance topics.
SHINE services are free, unbiased and available to:
- Medicare beneficiaries
- Caregivers or representatives
- Healthcare professionals
- Community groups
- Faith-based organizations and more!
Call SHINE Today: 888.242.4464
Or visit us online at: www.floridashine.org