The following is a partial list of emergency relief resources. If you require additional information or support not listed below, please start here for help with ElderSource.
ElderSource Aging and Disability Resource Center HelpLine
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 24 hr info line (386)586-5111 – to keep citizens aware of office closings and other pertinent info
- Emergency Management/ Services (386)313-4200
- To get registered for/ or questions about Special Needs Shelter 1(386)313-4970 or register at flaglercounty.org/emergency
- To get app called ALERTFlaglerBeach – www.cityofflaglerbeach.com
St. Johns County
- Johns County Emergency Management/ to find out which shelters are open or call (904)824-5550
- Find your evacuation zone, and other helpful info.
- Special Needs Shelters
- Freedom Crossing Academy School 1365 Shetland Drive | St. Johns, FL 32259
- Pacetti Bay Middle School 245 Meadowlark Lane | St. Augustine, FL 32092
- SHELTER TRANSPORTATION: VOTRAN
All Votran bus stops are evacuation assembly points during a declared emergency evacuation order. If Special needs evacuees cannot reach a regular bus stop, they must call Votran to arrange transportation. Bus space is limited. Carry-on items are limited to a pillow, blanket and one carry-on bag (not larger than 22”x 16”x 8”). Telephone numbers for Votran are:
Daytona Beach (386)322-5100
West Volusia (386)943-7050
New Smyrna Beach (386)424-6810
Supplemental Emergency Information and Updates
People with Disabilities: Agency for persons with disabilities
A toll-free number has been established for veterans who receive care in the impacted area. Call 1(800)507-4571 to receive information on where to go for care, how to receive prescription drugs, or any other concerns they may have about their care. The phone line will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Don’t wait to get your prescriptions filled. In accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order, OIR has notified all health insurers, managed care organizations and other health entities of their statutory obligation to allow for early prescription refills during a state of emergency.
Disaster Recovery Loans
The U.S. Small Business Administration is providing various disaster loans to qualifying Floridians in several counties. More information about SBA disaster loans.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture provides loans and assistance to qualifying individuals, businesses, and communities after disasters. More loans and assistance information or contact the USDA office in Florida at: (352)338-3400.
Disaster Unemployment Assistance
Floridians who are unemployed as a result of the disaster are encouraged to apply for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) through the U.S. Department of Labor. Additional information about DUA or contact the U.S. Department of Labor by phone at 1(866)487-2365. E (800)232-6643.
For in-person assistance with storm related questions, or to apply for benefits you may visit your local FEMA Disaster Recovery Center.
List of Centers in your area.